Friday, March 8, 2019

Scattered

Scatter withered roses on my grave
Pray for me if you would have me saved
I guarded my heart selfishly
And lost it still, to jealousy
I'll meet you in the land of the depraved
So scatter withered roses on my grave

Shield me from heaven's lonely gaze
My rotten soul has festered here for days
I pray the lord my soul to keep
As I lay me down to sleep
Am I the only one you couldn't save?
Then scatter withered roses on my grave

I want you to suffer
As long as you remember me
And I want to watch you suffer
From that pain throughout eternity

Scatter withered roses on my grave
And sing a hymn and pray that I forgave...
Your prayers will never set you free
You never will be rid of me
Did you really think that I'd behave?
So scatter withered roses on my grave


No comments:

Post a Comment